Modernising NI entertainment licensing

The Northern Ireland government has started a consultation on entertainment licensing, based on recommendations from a Review Group. The responsible minister is quoted in the official news release as saying that this looks at “putting in place a more modern system which does not put undue burdens on businesses and local community groups” while addressing public risk and disturbance.

Continue reading Modernising NI entertainment licensing

Licensing regulation relaxations

From Sandy Adirondack’s Legal Update:

 Temporary event notices (TENs) are used for one-off events involving the sale of alcohol and/or regulated entertainment. From January 2016 the number of temporary event notices that can be used in a calendar year for the same premises will be increased from 12 to 15,

Continue reading Licensing regulation relaxations

Implications of locally set licensing fees

ACRE, the rural communities network, has produced a briefing for village halls etc. on a government consultation around the move from centrally-set to locally-set fees under the Licensing Act 2003.

The government info is at, running until 10th April; ACRE briefing in pdf, 344KB.

Continue reading Implications of locally set licensing fees