The latest items from selected sector sites grabbed via their news feeds – links will take you to the full piece. Currently featuring UK Fundraising, Third Force News, IT for Charities.
Also on VoluntaryNews: news from national support bodies.
CharityBlog social media round-ups via Storify are now part of VoluntaryNews.
- House of Lords Select Committee report calls for improvements to funding & regulation changesThe House of Lords Select Committee on Charities has called for more funding, regulation changes, and stronger governance for charities in its report, published today, Sunday 26th March. The report, Stronger charities for a stronger society, recognises charities... Read more »
- Half of UK charities don’t have a digital strategy, finds reportHalf of charities are without a digital strategy, with lack of skills and funding two of the biggest barriers, a report has found. Skills Platform’s Charity Digital Skills Report reveals that less than a third of charities (27%)... Read more »
- Fundraising income sees lowest growth in six years, but still risingFundraising income in the top 100 UK charities rose by 2.3% in 2015/16: less than half the growth rate seen in the previous year, and the lowest in six years. Despite this, overall fundraising income was worth... Read more »
- New guidance for door-to-door charity collection bag companiesNew CAP guidance has been issued for door-to-door charity collection bag companies. The CAP ruling states that all collectors must make it clear that they are commercial enterprises and that the donations consumers leave in the bags will... Read more »
- Over £200k raised in eight hours for Westminster policeman’s family appealAn appeal on JustGiving to support the family of PC Keith Palmer, the Metropolitan Police officer who was fatally stabbed in yesterday’s terror attack outside the Houses of Parliament, has raised over £200,000 in its first eight and... Read more »
- 6 more corporate fundraising campaigns for March 2017Here are some more corporate fundraising partnerships and campaigns announced in March 2017. 1. Flight Centre and Mind Travel agent Flight Centre has announced Mind, the mental health charity, as its 2017 charity partner. Pledging a fundraising target of £100,000,... Read more »
Scotland’s fully digital sector journal – management news (other feeds are available).
- Strong charities vital to a strong societyCharities are the “eyes, ears and conscience of society”, an influential government body has found... Read more »
- Scotland’s third sector director of the year revealedChief executive rewarded for "commitment to employee engagement"... Read more »
- Brexit fallout will cut Scotland’s third sector deeplyMaggie Lennon is calling on Scotland's third sector to get involved now in lobbying for a fair deal for the third sector following Brexit... Read more »
- Revealed: UK’s best charities to work forJobs' website reveals survey findings... Read more »
- Don’t dupe the public: private firms’ “charity” collections curbedPrivate house-to-house collection companies must be up front about how much they are giving to charity – or face the full force of the law... Read more »
- 10 tips to stop your charity breaking the lawVal Surgenor delivers 10 must read tips for all charities ahead of the implementation of General Data Protection Regulation rules... Read more »
Views on the database market for UK charities
- What we can learn from large, failed IT Projects//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js This is the first blog I am planning in an occasional series on lessons we can learn – good and bad - from commercial/public sector system implementations; looking outside the charity sector for best practice and... Read more »
- What Small Charities Need to Know About CRM Systems – 2nd VersionI have updated my free ebook, What Small Charities Need to Know About CRM Systems. Buying a new CRM system or fundraising database can be a daunting experience for any NFP organisation, let alone a... Read more »
- 12 Key Lessons From My Last CRM ProjectOn the twelfth day of Christmas, my truelove gave to me... Twelve Key Lessons I Learned From Managing My Last CRM Project I thought I would finish this set of blog posts with a quick-fire set... Read more »