The latest items from selected sector sites grabbed via their news feeds – links will take you to the full piece. Currently featuring UK Fundraising, Third Force News, IT for Charities.
Also on VoluntaryNews: news from national support bodies.
CharityBlog social media round-ups via Storify are now part of VoluntaryNews.
- Sage Foundation offers $1m to UK nonprofits for enterprising ideasSage Foundation is offering $1 million (around £800,000) to fund enterprising ideas from UK charities and not-for-profit organisations that will help improve the lives of military veterans, young people or women and girls in the local community.... Read more »
- New Koreo Prize asks young people to tackle issues through storytellingA national storytelling competition has launched that offers young people the chance to win cash, as well as educational and work opportunities for creating stories that bring to life social issues. The Koreo Prize asks young people under... Read more »
- CLIC Sargent and authors team up for 2017 Get in Character campaignCLIC Sargent is running its Get in Character campaign for the fourth consecutive year this March, offering people the chance to be immortalised in the next book from a top author. A seven-day Get in Character eBay... Read more »
- Make consent less boringSo, it’s coming, the GDPR is fast approaching, the ICO have held their conference on data protection and we are now all ready to update our consent statements and privacy policies to make sure they’re compliant. The... Read more »
- Have Your Say consultation for FPS opens for feedbackThe Fundraising Regulator is asking for feedback on the development of the Fundraising Preference Service from charities, sector professionals and members of the public. The ‘Have Your Say’ consultation asks for thoughts on different elements of the... Read more »
- Sole Searcher: How one prospect research practitioner developed informed relationships with many great people849 total views, 97 views today... Read more »
Scotland’s fully digital sector journal – management news (other feeds are available).
- Have your say on new fundraising regimePeople have been invited to have their say on a new system aimed at increasing the confidence of people in the fundraising sector... Read more »
- Passion and commitment alone is not enough to work in a charity says regulatorRegulator says passion and commitment alone is not enough to work in a charity... Read more »
- TFN Live: Catch up with what happened at the Gathering 2017TFN livestreamed some of the top events from the Gathering 2017 - catch up on what you missed or rewatch an event you loved.... Read more »
- Include Scotland in Brexit talks or we’ll trigger new indy referendumMike Russell tells The Gathering Scotland is being ignored by Westminster... Read more »
- Minister: third sector is the “golden thread” that binds our communitiesCabinet secretary makes a robust defence of Scotland's third sector... Read more »
- Why can’t we just tell the truth? Thoughts on blagging, game-face and leadership developmentKathryn Welch on what she learnt from an inspiring Clore residential programme... Read more »
Views on the database market for UK charities
- What Small Charities Need to Know About CRM Systems – 2nd VersionI have updated my free ebook, What Small Charities Need to Know About CRM Systems. Buying a new CRM system or fundraising database can be a daunting experience for any NFP organisation, let alone a... Read more »
- 12 Key Lessons From My Last CRM ProjectOn the twelfth day of Christmas, my truelove gave to me... Twelve Key Lessons I Learned From Managing My Last CRM Project I thought I would finish this set of blog posts with a quick-fire set... Read more »
- Supplier Catchphrase Bingo!On the eleventh day of Christmas, my truelove gave to me... Eleven Things Which Suppliers Say at Demos Which You Can Use to Play Supplier Catchphrase Bingo! So this is mainly for fun but with a... Read more »