Sector bodies with a local/community focus, Locality and NAVCA, have jointly produced a paper outlining a set of key principles which should underpin devolution in England.
The headline 5 principles are:
- Creating a social economy.
- Meaningful representation of the voluntary and community sector within new leadership structures.
- Ensuring accountability through effective community engagement.
- Decisions taken at the most local level appropriate.
- Working with local organisations to support local commissioning and local delivery of public services.
See Locality article ‘Realising the revolution: making devolution work for people and communities’, and download link to the report ‘Devolution for People and Communities’ (pdf, 1.1MB).