The Association of Chairs has published ‘A Question of Balance – a guide to the Chair and Chief Executive relationship’.
“Forging a successful relationship with your CEO is a key part of the Chair’s role. But that is no simple task. Each relationship is complex, dynamic and unique. It is vital Chairs recognise the importance of the relationship and invest time, energy and effort in making it a success.”
- Identifies what is needed at key stages in the Chair-CEO relationship
- Explores nine key themes where the Chair needs to strike the right balance
- Encourages Chairs to be emotionally aware
- Offers insights from existing research
- Provides pointers for when things go wrong
Available for download (pdf, 369KB) from AoC website, registration required.