As well as information on submitting spending returns, the update looks ahead to the May 2016 election period for
- Scottish Parliamentary elections
- National Assembly for Wales elections
- Northern Ireland Assembly elections
- Local elections in England
- Greater London Authority elections
- Police and Crime Commissioner elections
The regulated period for these elections will start in January 2016, when the rules on spending and donations apply to campaigners (such as charities) not connected with political parties. Guidance will be published in the autumn. Those expecting to spend more than £10,000 on election campaigns in any of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland must register.
The Commission will also be producing updates around the European referendum – updates sign up page.