NCVO has put together a useful quick round-up of the main announcements of sector interest in last Wednesday’s (3rd December) autumn statement from the Chancellor, at http://blogs.ncvo.org.uk/2014/12/03/quick-round-up-of-autumn-statement-2014/.
The headings include:
- Big increase in Social Investment Tax Relief threshold
- More LIBOR fines go to Armed Forces charities
- VAT refunds for search and rescue, air ambulances and hospices
- Donor benefit (Gift Aid) review to continue
- A new tax relief for orchestras
- Employer national insurance cut for apprentices under 25
Civil Society Media also has a round-up of measures announced plus sector reactions http://www.civilsociety.co.uk/governance/news/content/18696/, and the official Treasury web section starts at https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/autumn-statement-2014.